PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
RESPONSIBLE TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Responsible for examining, diagnosing and treating patients in accordance with recognized community standards. Physicians are members of patient-centered care teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in monitoring and approving the appropriateness of the pharmaceutical prescriptions of the midlevels and performs chart review on their medical records.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats patients in accordance with recognized community standards.
- Orders laboratory tests, x-rays, consultation and diagnostic tests for patients as appropriate.
- Adequately documents care provided in the patient’s medical record immediately following each visit.
- Provides appropriate clinical information on patient visits to permit appropriate grant or insurance billing.
- Provides on-call telephone triage as scheduled.
- Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPAA principles.
- Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with patients, peers, and supervisor
- As an integral part of a patient-centered care team, solicits and respects patients’ values and preferences; ensures patients are recognized as members of their care team and have an active voice in decisions about their care; builds positive relationships with patients and staff, and participates in patient-centered medical home team meetings and trainings
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities
- Possesses license to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Two years experience as provider in an outpatient clinic, preferably community-based.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal and teamwork skills.
- Able to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
- Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPAA principles
Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with
patients, peers, and supervisors. Greets every patient with a verbal greeting, eye contact and a smile. Communicates effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling in patient interactions. Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to
- acknowledge patient needs, expectations and values using reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to patient needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
- Collaboratively works with patients to positively affect their health outcomes.
- Builds positive relationships with other staff to maximize accessibility of care to all patients.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and patient-centered medical home team meetings and training, and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Paid Employee Health Insurance:
o Life insurance $25,000.00
Paid days off
• 2 weeks vacation first year
• 2 weeks sick days
• 10 Paid holidays
• Paid employee birthday