PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
The Patient Services Representative (Bilingual English/Spanish)
is responsible for advancing the quality of healthcare through exceptionally good customer service and communication with patients, using IBCC’s guidelines for communication. The PSR is also responsible for accurate data entry into the practice management and/or clinical systems. The PSR duties are shared and involve tasks associated with efficient flow of patients, making appointments, and registering patients. PSRs are members of patient-centered care teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works collaboratively with other departmental personnel to process and complete the patient encounter and collect amounts due in accordance with established procedures.
- Makes appointments and registers patients using proper phone etiquette
- Responds to calls appropriately, including message taking and distribution.
- Enters, reviews, and makes necessary changes to all patient registration information in accordance with established procedures.
- Researches answers and responds to patient’s questions/correspondence about their account in a timely and professional manner, respecting patient confidentiality.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge:Customer service, basic medical front office practices, basic computer operations.
Skills:Aptitude for skilled personal communication is mandatory.
- Strong written and verbal skills, typing 35+ wpm. Heavy phone experience.
- Ability to: Work well with people; communicate effectively and respectfully in English and Spanish
- Able to work in busy environment; multi-task, be flexible to accommodate to travel and changes in daily and hourly schedules
Education/Experience Requirements:High school diploma or GED; Bilingual English/Spanish; 2-1 year experience in medical/data processing field preferred; Certificated through medical front office training program preferred. Typing certificate preferred >45 wpm.
Job Type: Full-time
Medical Assistant – Pediatrics
Provides direct patient care under established Protocols, Procedures, and
Standards by functioning in the following areas:
• Vital signs
• Taking medical histories
• Ensures exam rooms are stocked, clean and prepared.
• Initiates patient flow, manages patient flow concerns. • General problem solving.
• Patient follow-up.
• Community outreach as assigned.
• Other tasks commensurate with level of skill development, HCT, UA, PPD, venipuncture, health education, immunizations and therapeutic injections.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant.
• Completion of approved Medical Assistant course or other appropriate education in the health field.
• Previous Customer Service experience required.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) very helpful.
• Must possess current CPR.
Director of Quality Improvement
Since Imperial Beach Health Center first opened its doors in 1971, our mission has been to provide high quality medical care for all members of our community. As a community focused health center we are committed to being responsive to the health care needs of our area.
We invite you to join our team and be part of our success. Each employee is hired to make significant contributions to our center. We offer a pleasant working environment while a making a gratifying contribution to the community.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring Quality Management program, policies and procedures
- Position is also responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the Population Health program and staff
- This position will also work closely with the Executive Director on any additional quality measures the clinic chooses to pursue.
- This position is a supervisory position and responsible for the selection and supervision of the Data Analyst position as well as the Population Health nurses.
- An active Registered Nurse licence is required with a minimum of five years experience. Management experience within a medical setting is preferred. (A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nursing is preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
RESPONSIBLE TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Responsible for examining, diagnosing and treating patients in accordance with recognized community standards. Physicians are members of patient-centered care teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in monitoring and approving the appropriateness of the pharmaceutical prescriptions of the midlevels and performs chart review on their medical records.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats patients in accordance with recognized community standards.
- Orders laboratory tests, x-rays, consultation and diagnostic tests for patients as appropriate.
- Adequately documents care provided in the patient’s medical record immediately following each visit.
- Provides appropriate clinical information on patient visits to permit appropriate grant or insurance billing.
- Provides on-call telephone triage as scheduled.
- Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPAA principles.
- Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with patients, peers, and supervisor
- As an integral part of a patient-centered care team, solicits and respects patients’ values and preferences; ensures patients are recognized as members of their care team and have an active voice in decisions about their care; builds positive relationships with patients and staff, and participates in patient-centered medical home team meetings and trainings
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities
- Possesses license to practice medicine in the State of California.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Two years experience as provider in an outpatient clinic, preferably community-based.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal and teamwork skills.
- Able to relate to culturally diverse patients and community.
- Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPAA principles
Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with
patients, peers, and supervisors. Greets every patient with a verbal greeting, eye contact and a smile. Communicates effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling in patient interactions. Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to
- acknowledge patient needs, expectations and values using reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to patient needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
- Collaboratively works with patients to positively affect their health outcomes.
- Builds positive relationships with other staff to maximize accessibility of care to all patients.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and patient-centered medical home team meetings and training, and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.
Job Type: Full-time
Company Paid Employee Health Insurance:
o Life insurance $25,000.00
Paid days off
• 2 weeks vacation first year
• 2 weeks sick days
• 10 Paid holidays
• Paid employee birthday