See our job postings on Indeed.
Vaccine Coordinator – Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant-Vaccine Coordinator’s responsibilities vary depending on the amount of vaccine the practice gives and practice protocols. In some practices, the Vaccine Coordinator is responsible for all vaccine management activities, including training other (especially new) staff. In other practices, a different person may have one or more vaccine management responsibilities, such as ordering vaccines. Below is a list of the most essential responsibilities.
- Be present when vaccine is delivered and immediately process it into inventory.
- Ensure that acceptable temperature ranges have been maintained.
- Rotate the vaccine inventory so that vaccines with shorter expiration dates are used first.
- Ensure that there are no expired vaccines in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Keep VFC vaccine separate from private vaccine stock.
- Perform routine cleaning on vaccine storage units.
Monitoring vaccine temperatures
- Use a certified calibrated temperature monitoring device to review refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Set up temperature monitoring devices.
- Read and record minimum, current, and maximum temperatures on a VFC-supplied log twice a day.
- Take immediate action if temperatures are outside acceptable ranges.
- Implement the emergency vaccine management plan, if necessary.
- Review, download and analyze temperature data every 2 weeks or sooner if there is a temperature excursion.
- Retain all paper logs and electronic records for 3 years.
- Perform a physical inventory of all vaccines in stock.
- Account for doses of returned or transferred vaccines since the last order.
Complete and submit the VFC vaccine order at MyVFCVaccines.org
Job Type: Full-time
Under the general supervision of supervisor, the Medical Biller is responsible for timely submission of claims to insurance companies, as well as monitoring and ensuring payments for services are received in a timely manner. Medical Biller may also function as an intermediary between healthcare provider, patients and health insurance companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews charges for accuracy and completeness, obtains any missing information.
- Knowledge of insurance including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, rules and guidelines.
- Identify insurance company or proper party (patient) to be billed; identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviews EOBs and Remittance Advises for accuracy.
- Calls insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payment or denials.
- Follows up on unpaid claims to identify those that need to be re billed; or, if no payment activity for six months, reviews with Director of Revenue Cycle for possible bad debt write-off.
- Assists as needed with Month-end close procedures.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with current billing protocols by payer and may be held responsible for expertise in certain areas.
- Handles patient inquiries. Investigates patient concerns regarding their accounts.
- Update patient demographic information.
- Checks eligibility and benefits.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Consult supervisor, team members and appropriate resources to solve billing/collection questions and issues.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to answering phones; faxing and filing of documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Billing Certificate or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of:
o Medical Terminology
o Medical Claim Billing procedures.
o CPT-4 and ICD-10-CM coding systems.
- Customer service and effective communication skills for interacting with patients and insurance payers to resolve any issues. (Bilingual preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred.
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
RN Population Health (Hours: Day with Flexible Schedule)
The RN Case Manager as part of the quality management team has the responsibility to provide care coordination through telephonic and other methods along with disease management to improve population health. The Nurse will identify, plan, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate appropriate cost-effective health care and utilization of services for patients within community clinic setting with the goals of optimal patient function and well being. This position will be part of the Quality Improvement team serving patients through collaboration with the client, the family, the physician, health plans and other members of the healthcare team.
Education and Requirements:
- Current California RN license.
- Bi-lingual with conversational and written fluency in Spanish and English
- Basic computer skills are required – Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Experience working with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, HTN, CAD etc.
- Experience documenting in EMR
- Experience working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of PCMH, Meaningful Use, UDS, and HEDIS is a plus
- Experience in case management is a plus
- Motivational interviewing skills is a plus
- Experience in Behavioral Health is a plus
- Must have a working knowledge of current treatments with focus on chronic disease management
- Knowledge of the influence of cultural and spiritual values on health care.
- Basic knowledge of available health care and community resources appropriate for populations served.
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, Primary Care Physician, and the various healthcare providers and departments/facilities required for proper diagnosis, treatment and management of the complex clinical conditions.
- Offer care transition support and ongoing communication with PCP, through regular communication and/or case conferences for ongoing care coordination of the PCP’s patients.
- Focus on achieving improved patient outcomes by monitoring and assisting with navigating the healthcare resources available for their complex conditions.
- Coach patients and caregivers in self-management. Educate patients and family to increase understanding of disease, treatment options and care plans and assess and connect patient and families to appropriate resources and support services through regular case conferences or other communication.
- Analyze and evaluate health plan data and medical record data to determine most appropriate outreach (e.g., phone outreach, face to face appointment during a primary care physician visit) and develop a care plan for that patient.
- Promote a collaborative relationship with the primary care providers and all other members of the health care team, including ancillary services such as nutritionists, social workers, ACC Clinic, and community resources etc. to develop appropriate care management plan for assisting and directing the care.
- Promote collaborative relationship with other health care entities in the community who will potentially assist in the ongoing management of the chronically ill patient
- For hospitalized patient: monitor and assist in the coordination of a comprehensive plan of care within health plan benefits and health plans medical management authorizations and collaborative discharge plan with patient’s healthcare team, including post hospital follow up. May include face to face visit with the patient to go over new medications and other potential concerns post hospitalization.
- Responsible for the initiative focused on reducing avoidable utilization including ED visits and inpatient stays.
- Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills necessary to serve patient population with complex medical, emotional and social needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of direction, to anticipate and organize work flow, to prioritize and follow through on responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict resolution, time management, positive personal influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to work respectfully and creatively with clients of diverse functional abilities, social, economic, and cultural backgrounds to support both client autonomy and client safety.
- Demonstrated skills in motivating, mentoring, coaching and educating clients with various necessary medical, social and functional interventions.
Job Type: Full-time
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS:
Company Paid Employee Health Insurance:
o Life insurance $25,000.00
Paid days off
• 2 weeks vacation first year
• 2 weeks sick days
• 10 Paid holidays
• Paid employee birthday