Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Program for Opioid Use Disorder
Comprehensive, confidential treatment for addiction in the South Bay
Imperial Beach and Nestor Community Health Centers can help you reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms to restore a sober state of mind. If you are interested in receiving more information or starting treatment for opioid use disorder, please contact our MAT program today.
For information call or text our Clinical Outreach Social Worker at (619) 359-9628 or call our clinic MAT coordinator directly at:
Imperial Beach Community Clinic
949 Palm Ave, Imperial Beach 91932
Viviana Mercado ext. 108
Alexia Mendoza ext. 128
Nestor Community Health Center
1016 Outer Road, San Diego 92154
Arely Petersen ext. 301
Mayra Carranza etx. 318
Often asked questions:
What is opioid addiction?
The physical dependency on pain pills or heroin that is causing problems in someone’s life.
What medications are offered?
- Suboxone (buprenorphine/naloxone) is a medication that helps with cravings and stops withdrawal
- Vivitrol (naltrexone) is a monthly injection that helps with cravings and prevents opioid drugs from causing a high
What if I want to kick without buprenorphine (Suboxone)?
We want to support you with your goals. To set you up for success, we recommend treatment with buprenorphine for a time period so you can focus on your recovery and end the cycle of addiction. When the time is right, we will recommend a slow taper off the buprenorphine. Studies have shown 90 in 100 people can be successfully sober with buprenorphine.
How much does it cost?
We treat mainly people with Medi-Cal insurance. However, if you are not insured you have no need to worry. We can still help you. Just call us and you can start treatment while we help you get insurance.
What is involved in Medication Assisted Treatment at your clinic?
- Usually buprenorphine (Suboxone) or naltrexone (Vivitrol) for a time period
- SMART Recovery group: www.smartrecovery.org
- Weekly SMART Recovery group open to the public
- Individual therapy (if needed)
- Psychiatry consultation (if needed)
- Same day treatment is possible, call us.
- We can help arrange your 30 day inpatient treatment (if client desires)
- We can provide transportation/taxi for visits, including to come to the first visit consult
- Raffle done at each visit for a chance to win a gift card.
- Narcan spray for overdose prevention is prescribed to the client at first contact
- Establish medical care with Primary Care Physician
- Walk-ins are welcome!
How can I enroll a loved one?
We run a voluntary program. All participants need to come when they feel the time is right. We do not run any court mandated programs. We run a confidential program.
Tiene servicios en Español?
Si. Hablamos español.