Chief Financial Officer
Imperial Beach Community Clinic will promote a healthy community by providing quality health care and resources, with a focus on the underserved. Our mission has been to provide high-quality medical care for all members of our community, regardless of their ability to pay. Our team considers your overall health, preferences, and experiences as we create a treatment plan that is right for you. Our doctors enjoy getting to know patients and their families and appreciate the support that comes from having lab, nutrition, and behavioral specialists on-site. More importantly, our friendly Spanish speaking staff know their primary task is to make you feel comfortable and understood in every step of your healthcare journey.
We fulfill this mission through:
- Improving access to primary health care for residents of South Bay
- Employing skilled professionals committed to providing quality healthcare services and addressing current health needs
- Serving the community with compassion and respect while maintaining confidentiality
- Collaborating with other health care providers and organizations
- Providing a medical home to the “at-risk” population
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Status: Exempt
Salary: $130,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary: Under the direction of the Executive Director, responsible for the organizations financial management and accounting systems to assure that sound financial information is available for presentation to management, staff, funders, auditors, and the Board of Directors.
- Assure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and maintain fiscal internal control procedures.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for management, the Board of Directors and the Fiscal Committee and ensure they accurately represent the financial position of the corporation.
- Design routine or ad hoc financial reports as requested to support, enhance, or evaluate functioning of health center programs.
- Prepare government reports ensuring timely filings as required.
- Communicate with health center staff at least quarterly to enhance knowledge of their role in the financial viability of the agency.
- Maintain cash control and daily cash reports.
- Assist in general audits as required by funding sources.
- Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures, and protocols for review on a yearly basis.
- Provide guidance to the Executive Director in financial strategic planning.
- Ensure payroll, purchasing, and accounts payable are managed for fiscal responsibility.
- Working knowledge of annual UDS filing
- Understanding of various components integral to MediCal cost reporting
- Grant management and grant reporting
- Complex fiscal budgeting
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age-appropriate care.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
- Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients, and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Maintain privacy of all patients, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need-to-know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful behavior or activity.
- Recommend or make decision to hire, transfer, and suspend layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward or discipline.
- Promote results, supporting equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
- Assess training needs and promote developmental activities.
- Conduct department meetings to promote communication, assess and resolve needs and foster teamwork.
- Evaluate staff performance against job description criteria and competency assessment and provide guidance and coaching to develop an individual as well as a unit to highest potential.
- Keep staff informed of organizational activities and promote mission and goals.
Skills: Effective written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Organizational and planning skills with ability to analyze, prioritize and meet deadlines. Able to work independently and as part of a team and maintain confidentiality. Supervisory skills. Able to relate to and work with persons of all ages, social and ethnic backgrounds and within the constraints of government funded programs. Travel as needed.
Education: BA in business with emphasis in accounting, business administration or public administration. MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred. Knowledge of spreadsheet program and accounting software required.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in accounting, billing, and financial reporting functions, preferably in a non-profit and/or health care environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Normal office environment. See, hear, talk, walk, sit for long periods of time, reach, bend, stoop; repetitive hand movement; use and view PC; use calculator, telephone, operate fax, copy machine. Read and write, time management, interpersonal, customer service skills. Organizational and basic math skills; analyze, research, prioritize, meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality.
Requirements:Physical and Mental Requirements: Normal office environment. See, hear, talk, walk, sit for long periods of time, reach, bend, stoop; repetitive hand movement; use and view PC; use calculator, telephone, operate fax, copy machine. Read and write; time management, interpersonal, customer service skills. Organizational and basic math skills; analyze, research, prioritize, meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The Director of Nursing will;
Salary: $110,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year
Ensures proper nursing care is delivered to patients. Develops and maintains policies for documenting patient’s conditions, vital statistics, diagnosis, and prescribed treatments. Provides guidance to nurses who provide treatment and administer medications. Assists family and patients with escalated issues. Tracks quality control, budgeting activities, compliance, and overall financial performance of the nursing department. Mentors and provides career development or succession planning to nursing staff and subordinate managers.
Direct reports: Triage Nurses, HIV program manager
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Set standards for nursing practice, support and develop all levels of staff in models of integrated, team-based care, lead our community health and care coordination teams, and strengthen our efforts to achieve our mission of high-quality person-centered care
- Develop and maintain standards of nursing practice and provide professional and supervisory support to the Nursing Department
- Play a leading role in the recruitment, development and support of a dynamic and multi-level clinical nursing staff; support the efficient deployment of clinical support staff, ensuring the right skill mix to promote the highest level of care
- Collaborate with the Clinical Leadership to arrange for special programs within the center that impact on community health e.g., mass immunization during our Covid19 vaccination, annual flu campaign, conducting group visits, community health screenings etc.
- Develop documentation and billing workflows in collaboration with Finance and Provider team to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Works with CMO and Grant Specialist to ensure timely implementation of grant-funded projects and ensures grant project plans are updated and deadlines met
- Works with Director of Operations and CMO and other staff as needed to ensure clinics are prepared for all state, federal and health plan audits and maintains records in shared repository
- Develop, document, maintain and implement clinical workflows in collaboration with the provider team to ensure efficient operations and a high quality patient experience.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of RN’s, training, direction and orientation of the nursing staff, Referral and Care Coordinators and others whose activities influence patient care
- • Counsel nursing staff; act as a resource person regarding career guidance or work performance
- Develop a positive culture to promote continuous growth and staff development, establish best practices and the education and support systems.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership, clinical leadership, nursing staff and key managers, participate in the development of health care policies, procedures and protocols while ensuring their consistency with applicable laws, regulations, program expectations, and professional standards
- Oversee the development and implementation of care coordination in accordance with FQHC standards and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
- Be a champion for quality improvement and innovation, encourage and lead QI projects, evaluate workflows, develop innovations and participate in data reviews and learning collaboratives
- Monitor performance on value based HEDIS measures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community service providers; serve as a resource to staff on how to coordinate client access to services
- As a member of executive leadership, engage regularly with the Board of Directors, participate in executive level decision-making, strategic planning, the development of business initiatives, and advance the overall mission and goals of our organization
- Develop and promote partnerships with providers, payers, community organizations, employers and other stakeholders to achieve quality and population health strategic goals and programs
- Assist in responding to and resolving patient complaints as needed
- Lead infection control efforts
- Participate in emergency preparedness activities
- Monitor directly or through a designee follow-up programs for conditions such as elevated blood lead levels, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and cervical cancer
- Supervise and participate in regular audits of a specific number of medical records to ensure compliance with established patient care protocols
- Ensures and monitors adequacy of laboratory services including “point of care” testing.
- Participate in committee assignments
- Recommend nursing positions and staffing that is required
- Interview, recommend, orient, train, schedule, and evaluate performance of assigned nurse personnel
- Provide performance feedback to direct reports and others in a manner that supports IBCC’s culture and people practices
- Performs other functions as needed and directed
- Valid California license as a registered nurse
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or other Healthcare related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent training/experience
- Five years nursing experience preferably in FQHC primary care setting prefer two years’ experience in leadership or QA/QI capacity
- Current CPR certification
- Valid CA driver’s license and ability to commute between clinics and administrative office
- Proficiency in using electronic health records and related software as well as Microsoft Office to be able to conduct administrative duties, research, and professional networking
- Knowledge of medical terminology, and medications
- Technically inclined with strong analytical, critical thinking and reporting skills
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal & written), negotiation and relationship building skills
- Self-starter and organizer who can serve as an inspirational leader with high energy and drive to meet the needs of a demanding clinical practice
- Knowledge of FQHC (Primary Care) operations, PCMH, UDS and HEDIS preferred
- Experience and/or understanding of ICD-10-CM and CPT codes preferred
Call Center Patient Services Representative
Salary: $33,966.40 – $35,360.00 per year
The Patient Services Representative (PSR) is responsible for advancing the quality of healthcare through exceptionally good customer service and communication with patients, using IBCC’s guidelines for communication. The PSR is also responsible for accurate data entry into the practice management and/or clinical systems. The PSR duties are shared and involve tasks associated with efficient flow of patients, such as answering phones (Call Center), making appointments, and registering patients. PSR’s are members of patient-centered care teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPPA principles
· Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with
patients, peers, and supervisors. Greets every patient with a verbal greeting, eye contact and a smile. Communicates effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling in patient interactions. Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to acknowledge patient needs, expectations, and values through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to patient needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
· Collaboratively works with patients to positively affect their health outcomes.
· Orients all patients to clinic policies regarding their selection of their primary care provider, IBCC’s team-based care approach, services offered, appointment system, after hours’ coverage, collection policy, etc.
· Builds positive relationships with other staff, providers, and supportive departments to maximize accessibility of care to all patients.
· Contributes to care team pre-planning (aka Team Huddle) with reminder calls, and updating registration info prior to each scheduled appointment, or rescheduling as deemed appropriate
· Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and patient-centered medical home team meetings and training, and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated
· Assists in responding to and resolving patient complaints as needed
· Works collaboratively with other departmental personnel to process and complete the patient encounter and collect amounts due in accordance with established procedures.
§ Makes appointments and registers patients
§ Using proper phone etiquette, answers all incoming calls by 3rd ring. Responds to calls appropriately, including message taking and distribution.
§ Enters, reviews, and makes necessary changes to all patient registration information in the practice management system in accordance with established procedures.
· Researches answers and responds to patient’s questions/correspondence about their account in a timely and professional manner, respecting patient confidentiality.
· Opens and closes the clinic according to IBCC procedures.
· Maintains a neat and organized work area with appropriate labeling of files as needed.
Knowledge: Customer service, basic medical front office practices, basic computer operations,
Skills: Aptitude for skilled personal communication is mandatory. Strong written and verbal skills, typing 35+ wpm. Heavy phone experience.
Ability to: Work well with people; communicate effectively and respectfully in English and/or other languages; operate computers and other modern office equipment; work in a busy environment; multi-task, be flexible to accommodate to travel and changes in daily and hourly schedules
Education/Experience Requirements: High school diploma or GED; Bilingual English/Spanish encouraged but not mandatory; 2-3 years’ experience in medical/data processing field preferred; Certificated through medical front office training program preferred. Typing certificate preferred >35 wpm.
Must maintain annual CPR certification and TB clearance
Job Type: Full-time