Nurse Practitioner – Family Practice
Nurse Practitioner Full-time
We are looking for a Registered Nurse Practitioner – Family Practice that will provide professional care for our patients. Ensures safety and health and identifies need for additional care.
Since Imperial Beach Health Center first opened its doors in 1971, our mission has been to provide high quality medical care for all members of our community. As a community focused health center we are committed to being responsive to the health care needs of our area.
POSITION: NURSE PRACTIONER FAMILY PRACTICE
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner performs duties normally assigned in the general practice of ambulatory family medicine.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides all patient care services as outlined in medical protocols under the supervision of the Medical Director or an M.D. designated by the Medical Director.
- Provides direct diagnostic and therapeutic care including initial and follow-up visits to patients who may be seen for a variety of reasons.
- Provides direct patient care including history taking, physical examination, assessment, health education and counseling, prescribing, and routine procedures.
- Consults with supervising physician on non-routine matters.
- Refers patients for M.D. evaluation as outlined in protocols.
- Participates on Medical Quality review committee and in required audits.
- Maintains close liaison with and makes referrals to specialists as necessary and approved by the Medical Director.
- Actively seeks educational materials for patient use that meet standards of accuracy, quality and appropriateness.
- Performs other related duties as may be required by the Medical Director or Administrative supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
2– 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Current licensure in State of California as a Registered Nurse and satisfactory completion of an accredited training program.
- California Board Certification or Board Eligible as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting.
Current CPR certification.
Job Type: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Supervisor /Medical Assistant Lead
Supports the mission, vision and values of Imperial Beach Community Clinic. Develops relationship, communication, and MA skills with the overall goal of providing excellent patient-centered treatment, care, and services in a team environment.
- Works within a team-care environment to provide excellent patient care services within scope of practice as established by the Medical Board of California.
- Participates in staff education and training activities in communication, care coordination, population management and program evaluation, as required.
- Coordinates duties with and from licensed providers, RNs, LVNs, Director of Nursing and Senior Leadership.
- Participates in pre-visit planning through team huddles
- Creates opportunities for patient access
- Communicates effectively with care team throughout the day
- Maintains efficient patient care flow throughout the day
- Provides continuity of care for the patient within the care team for that day coordinating with other departments as needed i.e. lab/CM/outreach
- Collects and records patient data for vital signs, height, weight, and basic medical history
- Administers medications and vaccines
- Collects specimens and in-house diagnostic tests
- Performs uncomplicated wound care
- Conducts non-invasive treatments (e.g. ear lavage)
- Assists in ambulation and transfers
- Prepares patients for procedures, does set up for procedures and assists provider as delegated
- Provides patient instructions and education upon authorization of the provider
- Performs emergency first aid and CPR when delegated
- Records results of treatment and responses to care in the medical record, consistent with IBCC protocols in general documenting
- Participates in staff education and training activities in CPR/ IBCC requirements. Maintains required competencies as established
- Assists in facility management including keeping patient areas clean and safe
- Assists in responding to and resolving patient complaints as needed.
- Proactively assumes responsibility for continuous improvement activities and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.
- Conducts audio and vision screenings
- Performs collateral duties such as maintenance logs, vaccine temps, oxygen, glucometer
- L.A.D.D. internal and external customer service
- Professional conduct, attire and appearance
- Checking EHR frequently for messages from providers and contacting patients regarding results over the phone
- Helping out other MAs when they are busy (part of team environment). Being proactive rather than reactive.
KNOWLEDGE OF: Basic MA procedures and medical terminology.
SKILLS: Basic computer and data entry skills; excellent communication and customer service skills.
ABILITY TO: Handle multiple priorities, build positive relationships, maintain a positive attitude and a warm and friendly demeanor; efficiently work in a team environment; travel as required for assigned site(s) and designated meetings/trainings. Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and push 100 pounds on wheels. Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus; high manual dexterity; reach above shoulder level; bend; squat; sit; stand; stoop; crouch; reach; kneel; twist/turn; have good finger sensation; hearing adequate for phone work; and clear speech for staff and patient communication.
- Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPPA principles
- Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with
patients, peers, and supervisors. Greets every patient with a verbal greeting, eye contact and a smile. Communicates effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling in patient interactions. Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to acknowledge patient needs, expectations and values through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to patient needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
- Collaboratively works with patients to positively affect their health outcomes.
- Builds positive relationships with other staff to maximize accessibility of care to all patients.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and patient-centered medical home team meetings and trainings, and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated
Knowledge: Customer service,
Ability to: Work well with people; communicate effectively and respectfully in English and/or other languages;
Patient Services Representative – Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
The Patient Services Representative (PSR) is responsible for advancing the quality of healthcare through exceptionally good customer service and communication with patients, using IBCC’s guidelines for communication. The PSR is also responsible for accurate data entry into the practice management and/or clinical systems. The PSR duties are shared and involve tasks associated with efficient flow of patients, such as answering phones, making appointments, and registering patients. PSR’s are members of patient-centered care teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Adheres to the IBCC Mission, Vision, and Values, Standards of Conduct and HIPAA principles
· Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds IBCC’s communication guidelines and expectations with
patients, peers, and supervisors. Greets every patient with a verbal greeting, eye contact and a smile. Communicates effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling in patient interactions. Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to acknowledge patient needs, expectations and values through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to patient needs in ways that arehelpful and beyond expectation.
· Collaboratively works with patients to positively affect their health outcomes.
· Orients all patients to clinic policies regarding their selection of their primary care provider, IBCC’s team-based care approach, services offered, appointment system, after hours’ coverage, collection policy, etc.
· Builds positive relationships with other staff, providers, and supportive departments to maximize accessibility of care to all patients.
· Contributes to care team pre-planning (aka Team Huddle) with reminder calls, and updating registration info prior to each scheduled appointment, or rescheduling as deemed appropriate
· Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and patient-centered medical home team meetings and training, and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated
· Assists in responding to and resolving patient complaints as needed
· Works collaboratively with other departmental personnel to process and complete the patient encounter and collect amounts due in accordance with established procedures.
§ Makes appointments and registers patients
§ Using proper phone etiquette, answers all incoming calls by 3rd ring. Responds to calls appropriately, including message taking and distribution.
§ Enters, reviews, and makes necessary changes to all patient registration information in the practice management system in accordance with established procedures.
· Researches answers and responds to patient’s questions/correspondence about their account in a timely and professional manner, respecting patient confidentiality.
· Opens and closes the clinic according to IBCC procedures.
· Maintains a neat and organized work area with appropriate labeling of files as needed.
Knowledge: Customer service, basic medical front office practices, basic computer operations,
Skills: Aptitude for skilled personal communication is mandatory. Strong written and verbal skills, typing 35+ wpm. Heavy phone experience.
Ability to: Work well with people; communicate effectively and respectfully in English and/or other languages; operate computers and other modern office equipment; work in a busy environment; multi-task, be flexible to accommodate to travel and changes in daily and hourly schedules
Education/Experience Requirements: High school diploma or GED; Bilingual English/Spanish encouraged but not mandatory; 2-3 years’ experience in medical/data processing field preferred; Certificated through medical front office training program preferred. Typing certificate preferred >35 wpm.
Must maintain annual CPR certification and TB clearance
Job Type: Full-time